Monday, September 7, 2015

October Book Sharing!


  1. Choose a book which has a main character who is the opposite sex of you.  Have it OK’d by Mr. Mike.
  2. Read and enjoy your book!
  3. Choose three different objects to bring to school on your presentation day which could truly represent your character. 
  4. Practice what you will say at home.
  5. Share the objects with the class and tell how they represent him or her.


AN EXAMPLE


If I had read Be a Perfect Person in Three Days, I would bring:
  • A bunch of broccoli to wear around my neck
  • A cup of really weak tea
  • A book

I would start with the book, and I would make the cover myself and stick it on a regular book.  I would share how and why Milo chose the book.  I would explain that the broccoli had to be worn for a whole day and that at first the main character was puzzled, but at the end of the day he realized he had to wear it so that he would not be so affected by other people’s teasing.  I would also explain that the weak tea was all he could drink on another one of the days that he wasn’t allowed to do anything, and that it wasn’t very delicious.  I would say that in the end he learned that only really boring people sit around doing nothing but drinking weak tea all day.  I might end by saying that the book had a really big effect on him and made him realize that being perfect was not really what he wanted to be in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment