Thursday, February 11, 2016

Volume 24: February 15, 2016

The learning continues... I will explain this week in pictures and captions. Enjoy your week!

Homework
Other than reading for at least 20-30 minutes each night & working on your book share, please complete the following activities for each day.

Monday:  Be sure you have your Weather Station Permission Slip signed.  Do the Weather Station activity sheet.
Tuesday: Research weather proverbs from your home country.  Write at least two in  your U of I  notebook in English and your home language.
Wednesday:  IXL, section J, 9 and 10 Frequency chart & Stem/Leaf Plot (try it out).
Thursday:  Being Safe in a Thunderstorm story with comprehension questions (Activity)
Friday: Read and Relax while petting a dog or cat:)

Are you a Basketball Trash Can Probability star?

What's the likelihood the coin will land on heads, or tails?

"I can't believe it!!!"

It's yellow! Can you predict what how many color tiles are in the bag... along with their amount?

The "Tongue-hanging-out" Strategy.

I've got mad skills! Watch and learn!

If we toss the coin all at one time, does that change our outcomes?
Let it ride! Roll them dice!

Two at time! Does that increase, decrease, or not change the likelihood of making the shot?

Cheer me on!

I can't look. There's too much at stake. What color is it???

MVP for best effort bball.

Centers are over... bummer. Tell us what you learned.

Ok. If you toss a coin...

If I shake this tree really hard, my thermometer will not fall. Perfect! Now I can check the temperature each morning in Celsius and Fahrenheit. 

Does the shade affect the temperature throughout the day?

On the football pitch, temperature matters. We'll tell you just how much.

What are you doing? Hiding a thermometer? You're teacher must be a weirdo.

We're going to give it a second shake just in case.

No one will ever find our thermometer here!

We're so excited about our thermometer that I could scream. Wait... I just did!

This seems like a good place for a thermometer, but not our heads. 

It's not a line-up; It's a sting. We're checking to see if the wall and direct sunlight will change the temperature.

They sing the song of the week, I wiggle to the song of the week.

Like Elvis Presley, I shake my leg.

Home-made banana cupcake with chocolate and M&M topping. Want one? 

I am a mindless robot on an iPad.

We are mindless robots on iPads.

I'm so tired of being a mindless robot on an iPad that I need to lean back in my chair and yawn.

Wait... We are not mindless robots!

We're not sure what an iPad is, but if you point to it it comes alive.

Are you upside down, or am I?

Mindless robot with head in cubby?

Evil genius, mindless robot celebrating another 100% on IXL.

IXL mindless robot.

Gambling and probability seem to go well together?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Your turn.
My turn.
Finally, we won!
I'm nervous! What is it?!?!
Strategy is key. We should work together and try to double our winnings!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photos and the laughs Mr. Mike. You guys all look like you are enjoying learning. We appreciate you dedication and enthusiasm in teaching our kids. It really shows.

    ReplyDelete