Friday, August 29, 2014

Ji Su, Volume 3: September 2, 2014

 What a Great Week!
First, thank you to all the families that came to Open House this past Wednesday. It was great to see new and old faces. This past week, we have really learned a lot- see all the exciting pictures below. During this coming four-day week, we will continue our learning with our first field trip to the Supermarket. This continues our study of how food is complex and presents challenges with hands on experience. Have a great week!

It was Ms. Sevara's birthday this week and we sang in our best opera voices for her!






Above: Students exploring books about food, including topics on farming, transportation, health, and more.

Above: "Two on a Crayon" Activity that helps develop our cooperation and sharing skills - particularly through positive body language! Ask about it. Our pictures came out amazing.


Above: Playing 101-200 Bingo. Mental math, followed by a calculator check. Fun!


Above: Pointing out an "arguing" thinking stem, "Can you explain that another way?" Go, Na Yeon!

Above: "Arguing" Mathematically over groups of equations.

Owl of the Week:
Hi! I am Ji Su Park. I live in Uzbekistan with my family and we have been here for 11 years. What excites me about school this year is all the new books in class and in the library. All the UOI units and all the field trips, too. Outside of school, I like to read, swim, and go to rhythmic gymnastics. Two people I admire in my life are my mom and brother because they always help me and cheer me up. If I could change anything about the world it would be nothing because everything is so great! My favorite dinner is everything my mom cooks, so I don't have anything that I don't really like.
Here is me on the Magnit field trip! So much fun!
*Homework:
Monday: No School- Uzbekistan Independence Day
Tuesday: Drops in the Bucket; make sure field trip forms are in please
Wednesday: Complete sentence practice
Thursday: Typing Ace. No games! Home row practice. Please show your parents your level of skill!

*It is expected that every child read 20 minutes nightly to improve their fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and overall reading skills. Plus, reading is fun!
*Please note: Everyday a Take-Home folder must go to and from school.

Up-coming Events:
Monday, 9/1 No School Independence day
Friday, 9/5 Elementary School Camp out (Mr. Mike will be there to enjoy the stars! You should, too!)
Monday, 9/8 After-School Activities (ASA) begin
9/20 20th Anniversary of TIS Celebration
9/24 Teacher Professional Development - 1/2 Day
10/1 No School- Teacher's Day
10/6-1/13 No School- Fall break
10/23 Elementary Math Night
10/15 UN Day
10/29 Teacher Professional Development - 1/2 Day

Ways to Contact Me/School:
E-mail: michaelr@tashschool.org
By appointment
Open-Door Policy (Thanks for signing in with the guards and main office before joining our community!)
Facebook
Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment